We've searched far and wide to find the very best quotes on letting go...
Because letting go is hard. It's painful. We need to know that others have gone before us and survived. That there's life and love and joy AFTER letting go...
And once you find the inspiration and courage within to release the heaviness of whatever is keeping you stuck, you'll undoubtedly emerge feeling lighter, freer and more content than you have in a long time.
If you, like so many people, are weighed down with all sorts of things that need to be unloaded in the best interest of your health and happiness, consider this your invitation to let that sh*t go, and start living the spacious and joyful life you were meant to.
Not sure where to start?
It helps to know what's keeping you most stuck in your life right now. Why not take the quiz - and find out? xo
Here are the cream of the quotes on letting go...
1. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” ― C.Joybell C.
2. “When we think we have been hurt by someone in the past, we build up defenses to protect ourselves from being hurt in the future. So the fearful past causes a fearful future and the past and future become one. We cannot love when we feel fear.... When we release the fearful past and forgive everyone, we will experience total love and oneness with all.” ― Gerald G. Jampolsky
3. “I've been burdened with blame trapped in the past for too long, I'm moving on” ― Rascal Flatts
4. “I eventually came to understand that in harboring the anger, the bitterness and resentment towards those that had hurt me, I was giving the reins of control over to them. Forgiving was not about accepting their words and deeds. Forgiving was about letting go and moving on with my life. In doing so, I had finally set myself free.” ―Isobel Lopez
5. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” ― Steve Maraboli
And because we love you, a few more quotes on letting go:
6. “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” ―C. Joybell C.
7. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” ― Steve Maraboli
8.“Sometimes I think there are only two instructions we need to follow to develop and deepen our spiritual life: slow down and let go.” ― Oriah Mountain Dreamer
9. “Before you can live a part of you has to die. You have to let go of what could have been, how you should have acted and what you wish you would have said differently. You have to accept that you can’t change the past experiences, opinions of others at that moment in time or outcomes from their choices or yours. When you finally recognize that truth then you will understand the true meaning of forgiveness of yourself and others. From this point you will finally be free.” ― Shannon L. Alder
10. “There ain't no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it.” ― Kate DiCamillo
11. “Pain will leave you, when you let go” ―Jeremy Aldana
12. “The only real battle in life is between hanging on and letting go.” ― Shannon L. Alder
13. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder
14. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” ― Steve Maraboli
15. “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye” ― Beyonce Knowles
16. “The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.” ― Rebecca Solnit
17. “Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get. Life should be touched, not strangled. You've got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it. It's like boats. You keep your motor on so you can steer with the current. And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That's a triumph.” ― Ray Bradbury
18. “I realise there's something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they're experts at letting things go.” ―Jeffrey McDanie
l19. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” ― Ann Landers
20. “What happens when you let go, when your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, when there's nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how you try? Perhaps it's then, when you have neither pride nor power, that you are saved, brought to an unimaginably great reward.” ― Mark Halperin
21. “Let go of the battle. Breathe quietly and let it be. Let your body relax and your heart soften. Open to whatever you experience without fighting.”
― Jack Cornfield
22. “If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.” - Ajahn Chah
And then there's this... perhaps my favourite of all the quotes on letting go:
"Closing cycles. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because that no longer fits your life. Shut the door, change the record, clean the house, shake off the dust. Stop being who you were, and change into who you are.”
― Paulo Coelho
From Awaken to Love....
Amazon Best-selling Author
First Prize Winner:
"most impressive, most marketable title..."
~ Chosen by Hay House Team, including President and CEO Reid Tracy
Mia Rose with Deepak Chopra at the Hay House Writer's Workshop, Melbourne 2013.
"Dr. Mia has created a compelling work that explores loving relationships in a whole new light. She leads the reader to explore the most tender and intimate aspects of loving relationships using her mastery as a professional therapist with a twist - she shares from her heart! The power, warmth and beauty of her personal experience connect with the reader in ways most books on relationships never will!" ~ Mark E. Hundley, Licensed Professional Counselor and Author of Awaken to Good Mourning.
"Mia Rose is a modern day master in the art of LOVE and personal relationships. Her compelling story of her own transformation and the wisdom she shares in Awaken to Love is food for the soul and wisdom for anyone who has ever been in love." ~ Ariaa Jaeger, Spiritual Life Strategist, Philosopher, Author of Ariaaisms ~ Spiritual Food for the Soul, AriaaQuotes and The Book of Ariaa