How to Write Love Notes
Wondering how to write love notes for your loved ones? Here are a few examples to show you the way...
A Perfect Expression of Love
Writing short love notes is about expressing your love for someone special in your life in a way that makes them feel really good about themselves.
Short Love Notes
We don't always tell our loved ones how special they are to us.
Make it a habit to find reasons to write short love notes - on birthdays, during the holiday season, when something significant happens in their life or yours, as an expression of gratitude, or sometimes for no reason at all.
Keep the following in mind:
* Compliment the recipient’s best qualities. Take advantage of the opportunity to say why loved ones are special: “I’m so lucky to have such a caring, supportive, funny daughter” or “I’m so proud of you for being such a resilient character.”
* Tell a loved one what a difference they make to your life: "My life is better because you're in it. I love how we laugh together and I know, no matter what, I can always count on your support."
* Mention the year ahead and what you hope it brings for your loved one, for example joy, success, a new job, celebrations, and possibilities. "I wish you joy and peace for the year that lies ahead. May every one of your most special dreams come true."
Here's an example of a short love note for a family member:
Congratulations on your promotion! I am so proud to have such a wonderful role model of hard work and persistence in my life. I don't think I tell you quite enough how much I admire you. I'm really looking forward to your visit over Christmas - it will be great to spend some time together. In the mean time I'm thinking of you often... I love you very much.
Your loving daughter, Kay
If it's important to know how to write love notes, it's even more important to know how to write a heartfelt thank you note.
How to Write Thank You Notes
When was the last time you wrote thank you notes to the people in your life you care about?
How about taking up the challenge to take an hour out of your day to write three thank you notes to three people in your life today?
Here are five easy steps to writing thank you notes:
1. Find three sheets of beautiful stationery and three envelopes. (If you don't have any in your bedside drawer, race to the newsagency and get some!)
2. Think about each person in turn and how they,
make you laugh
3. Handwrite a thank you note to each of them addressing what specifically you are grateful for.
4. Address the three envelopes.
5. Take them to the post office and mail them.
If it does, it's probably just because you're out of practice. Don't feel your thank you notes have to be long, poetic, or perfect. It's fine to be brief, as long as you are specific.
Here's an example:
I was thinking of you this morning and found myself grinning from ear to ear. It occurred to me that you have always been there for me through thick and thin. I wanted you to know that I am grateful for it.
If you found these ideas on how to write love notes helpful, feel free to visit my page on
short love notes.
Blessings to you!
Read, reflect and be inspired. If you find something of value on our Love Notes page, enjoy its gifts and please pass it on to your friends.
Meet Dr. Mia Rose
*It's Here! Awaken to Love
Praise for Awaken to Love
'Dr. Mia has created a compelling work that explores loving relationships in a whole new light. She leads the reader to explore the most tender and intimate aspects of loving relationships using her mastery as a professional therapist with a twist - she shares from her heart! The power, warmth and beauty of her personal experience connect with the reader in ways most books on relationships never will!'
~ Mark E. Hundley, Licensed Professional Counselor and Author of Awaken to Good Mourning.
Mia Rose is a modern day master in the art of LOVE and personal relationships. Her compelling story of her own transformation and the wisdom she shares in Awaken to Love is food for the soul and wisdom for anyone who has ever been in love.
~ Ariaa Jaeger, Spiritual Life Strategist, Philosopher, Author of Ariaaisms ~ Spiritual Food for the Soul, AriaaQuotes and The Book of Ariaa
Zodiac LoveZodiac Sign Love Matches
Ladies, let me show you how ANY woman can supercharge their love life and rediscover passion in just eight weeks.
Supercharge your Love Life
Dr. Mia Rose
Most Popular Article